Lately I’ve been trying to eat more salads for dinner but am SO bored of the same old recipes. I had some hot house smoked salmon in the fridge and wanted to build a dressing around it. It didn’t take me long to reach for the crème fraîche. Indulgent I know, but a couple of tablespoons really make this dressing something to talk about.
I’m really happy with how this turned out! This salad dressing just seems fancy and decadent to me. Try this drizzled over my Smoked Salmon Benedict with Avocado for brunch or over your favorite salad for lunch.
This Herbed Crème Fraîche Dressing will keep in the fridge for 2 days so you can try it would a couple of dishes.
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp spicy mustard such as dijon
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 tbsp chives, minced
- 1 tbsp dill, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Whisk all of the ingredients together and put in the fridge until ready to serve.