I’m obsessed with Buffalo anything at the moment! It has just enough heat to keep me coming back for more but not enough that I know when to walk away. You feel me?
Let me break this down for you. Three words; simple, inexpensive and delicious.
With a small list of accessible ingredients (some you likely already have) this recipe is an absolute breeze to pull together! To really make your life easy, buy a roasted chicken from Whole Foods or your local grocery store and the dip will practically make itself!
This dip is what I like to refer to as ‘what’s up’. It’s one of those dips you take a nibble of (perhaps unsure) tilt your head back, reflect and say ‘yaaaa, that’s what’s up’! I can just picture my friends laughing as they read this post while simultaneously dialing my hotline to tease me.
Feel free to add some grated jack or cheddar cheese on top if that’s your jam! I decided the dip was indulgent enough and kiboshed the extra cheese I intended on using. I surprisingly didn’t miss it at all. HONESTLY! This dip is a little all-star without it!!
I hope you guys enjoy! xx
- 2 cups roasted chicken, shredded
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup buffalo sauce (I use Valentinas Extra Spicy)
- ½ ranch dressing
- 1 small can fire roasted diced green chilies
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- celery sticks and tortilla chips for serving
- Beat cream cheese+buffalo sauce+ranch dressing+until smooth. I prefer to use an electric mixer but you can certainly do it by hand. It's really important that the cream cheese is softened to minimize lumps.
- Mix in the shredded chicken and diced green chilies
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes (check halfway through because oven temperatures vary)
- Sprinkle with green onion
- Serve piping hot with celery sticks and tortilla chips