Pistachio Crusted Baked Brie with Honey is better than you could ever imagine it would be. Have you ever taken a bite of something incredible and you involuntarily do something ridiculous to express how delicious it is? Dramatic hand gestures? A favorite catch phrase? Random inaudible sounds of pure joy? Well get ready, because this is one of those times. You’re welcome.
This recipe is so simple and oh so delicious. 15 minutes start to finish and virtually zero cooking. Pistachio Crusted Baked Brie with Honey is such a versatile dish. I picture serving this up for my girl friends over wine, a tapas style dinner at home or as an afternoon snack on a chilly day.
I’ve been busy studying for my annual re-qualification exam and drills. As flight attendants, we have to do this once a year and it’s always super stressful! Why? Because if you don’t pass, you no longer get to fly the friendly skies. That’s right; your job is on the line. This will be my 5th annual and you would think it gets easier, but it doesn’t.
I woke up a couple of nights ago shouting my evacuation commands. In my dream, I was evacuating an aircraft with a fire in the cabin and my exit was blocked due to water. Just lovely! My fiancé was terrified but quickly realized what was going on. If you’re close with any flight attendant I’m sure you’re aware; we can go a little crazy when our annual training creeps up.
Anyhoo, the next day I was exhausted from lack of sleep and didn’t have the energy to cook. I wanted something low maintenance, quick and warm for dinner. I opened the cheese drawer (because cheese is always the answer) and found a piece of wild mushroom brie. Boom! That’s where this idea spiraled from.
It’s better to have an entire wheel of brie because it helps keep the ooey-gooey-goodness inside, but I wanted to use what I already had in the fridge. Remember, lazy and tired? No grocery store tripping for this lady. Just keep in mind, an entire wheel looks prettier and more put together. If you’re entertaining; I would suggest going that route.
Remember not to go overboard with pulsing the pistachios. A quick pulse is all you need. You still want the texture of the pistachios. Pistachio dust is not what you’re going for with this recipe.
I served this with fresh bread, prosciutto, apple slices and green grapes. It was such a great, casual dinner! You can’t go wrong with a 15 minute, easy peasy dinner that tastes like a million bucks!
I hope you love this comforting recipe as much as I do xx
- 1 wheel of brie, size can vary but I generally use a small one
- ½ cup good quality honey
- ⅓ cup shelled pistachios
- crusty bread or sliced apples for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pulse pistachios in the food processor for a couple of seconds. You want to break down the pistachios but you still want texture. You do not want pistachio dust!
- Heat the honey in the microwave for 30 seconds. Pour over the brie cheese, making sure you cover all sides.
- Start sprinkling the honey covered cheese with pistachios. It's not a big deal if they don't all stick; just try the best you can.
- Top with pistachios and bake in the oven for 10 minutes
- Let it cool for a few minutes and then serve with bread or apple slices
Leave a Reply